canberrabirds

Musk duck, Spotted Crake and a Sharpie

To: <>
Subject: Musk duck, Spotted Crake and a Sharpie
From: "Alastair Smith" <>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:42:57 +1000

I ventured out to Kellys Swamp and the sewage ponds early this morning and again while diversity and abundance were down, I managed to find a female musk duck on the sewage ponds and a Spotted Crake on KS.

I also saw a bow hunter in full cams and I hope he was just after rabbits, which are in very high numbers.

This afternoon following a tip off from Michael Wright of a ‘wader’, I went out to the ‘puddle on the Canturf site and was rewarded with a juvenile Sharp-tailed Sandpiper.

Fifty meters further along the Monaro highway was a dead barn owl.

Cheers

Alastair