canberrabirds

A Blackbird called Pinto

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: A Blackbird called Pinto
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:27:36 +1000
Jack Holland wrote,

"Geoffrey, a very similar pattern to a blackbird that was regularly seen in
our garden pre the fires, but in that case only one or two of the primary
feathers were white."

Maybe I should pull in my wise, wooly little head. See, I'm currently drafting an Odd Ob for Canberra Bird Notes that features a male Common Blackbird that had a heavily white-streaked crown, nape and mantle. Amazingly, Pinto (as we called him) and his missus built a nest in our ... but no, that would spoil the story. So, you'll just have to wait until / if it's published.

So, could someone tell me the correct _expression_ for this partial white plumage. Partial albinism?

Bye
John Layton.