canberrabirds

Flame and other robins

To: <>
Subject: Flame and other robins
From: "Andrea S Holland" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:38:05 +1000
Over 30 flame robins, including at least 8 males, yesterday afternoon together within a relatively bare hectare of the Chapman horse paddocks, adjacent to the former Narrabundah Hill pine plantation.  As far as I can recall this is the most I've ever seen together in the ACT, about 4X higher than here this year, and double that present last year.

It augurs well as a possible place to visit to see this species during the COG robin twitchathon in two weeks time (Sunday 17 July).  While sometimes present they have not been reliably seen there so far this year.

The two 12 seater buses are fully subscribed for this outing, and a waiting list has been started.  If you have indicated your interest but are no longer able to join in could you please let me know so that the seat can be freed for another participant.

I would also be very grateful on some tips of where rose or pink robins can be reliably seen (by a group of 24 people!!) within the ACT borders at the moment - as far as I'm aware neither of these has been the subject of a posting on the chat line so far this winter.  Tips for where the other robins species may be found are also gratefully received, including where to find the red-capped robin.

Ta

Jack Holland