canberrabirds

Thanks for comments on ravens.

To: "Ian Fraser" <>, <>, "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Subject: Thanks for comments on ravens.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:13:09 +1000
Thanks to Ian for correcting me about who elucidated the ravens. Yes I'm sure Ian was right about it being Rowley (instead of Frith) and I don't know why I got that wrong, it just slipped my mind at the time.

Thanks also to Geoffrey for having cleverly elucidated the issue of flocks and how the word is used confusingly. He very nicely developed exactly what I was referring to. As for seeing an Aust Raven without specifically observing their long throat feathers. Well that is possible, I don't know what stage they are at with moult right now and the feathers fan out mostly when the birds are calling, so the feature is often obvious but not always so. Though I would not say they weren't Little Ravens.

As for the "reign" of a GBS coordinator or indeed any other role in COG, it isn't mainly the duration that I was commenting on although that was part of it. It is just that this is a task that someone does, as a voluntary role, for the benefit of the club and its aims. Nothing more than that and nothing royal or regal about it. At least that is the way I have always viewed and performed it. (I'm not suggesting Martin actually feels differently.)