canberrabirds

2nd call - PLACES AVAILABLE: WHALE WATCHING TRIP NSW SOUTH COAST SUNDAY

Subject: 2nd call - PLACES AVAILABLE: WHALE WATCHING TRIP NSW SOUTH COAST SUNDAY 8 MAY
From: "Goldie, John" <>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 15:04:18 +1000
Sorry for repeating the same message.  I have been advised that the
detected assumed bad language.

So here we go again:

For the past few weeks there has been a huge aggregation of different
sorts of whales and dolphins off Eden  - eg. Risso, Common, Bottle nose
dolphins and  Rude word Whales, Pilot Whales, False Killers, Orcas,
Minke.  Jon Hall is organising a boat trip this Sunday (8 May) to
hopefully locate some of them.  There should be good pelagic birds as
well given we'll go out to the shelf edge.  There are still many places
left - and if more want to go then there is the possibility of getting
an even bigger boat.

Contact him direct to put your name down - first come first served
basis.

Jon Hall
ACT regional office
ABS

02 6207 0283 - phone
02 6207 0282 - fax

"Details - including the boat we use and whether we depart from Eden or
Merrimbula - will be decided when I get an idea of numbers. But the cost
is going to be around $100 for a full day (7am to 5pm or so) at sea.

I've no idea what the weather will be doing yet, which may throw a
spanner in the whale watching works (as it did last Sunday). But if we
do go we'll be spending most of our time on the edge of the continental
shelf so there should be a few interesting birds around too.

Can you let me (Jon Hall) know ASAP if you are interested and I'll
confirm the boat and let you know more details."

Regards,

John Goldie
Watson