canberrabirds

Zebra Finches, reprised

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: Zebra Finches, reprised
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:38:19 +1000
Have Joe Barr's finches lost their flavour with the fickle COG twitchers? I called by at about 1430 on Wednesday on my way back from the tip and had the road to myself. Despite the cool breeze and overcast skies, two Zebbies (1m, 1f) came across to the fallen log just inside the fence, twittering. Four Diamond Firetails (incl 1 juv) joined them. More could be heard from further afield. The other "usuals" - Dusky Woodswallows, Crested Pigeons, Willie Wagtails, Superb Fairy-wrens etc - still around. The only activity in the thorn bushes was sheltering Crested Pigs. b