canberrabirds

terminology on abundance and recording rate

Subject: terminology on abundance and recording rate
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:33:10 +1100

Philip. I was the one who made that statement. I think I had already written too much. I believe we are arguing the same thing.

I was trying to separate out the theoretical likelihood of a person with perfect knowledge seeing a bird at a site. Which is my interpretation of COGs 'commonness' or abundance. Vs COGs 'recorded' observations (Martins satin flycatcher problem). And also vs the status of a bird species as a whole, eg threatened.

Benj