canberrabirds

terminology

Subject: terminology
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:15:56 +1100 (EST)
Thanks Mark for raising this matter. It is one to
which I have also given much thought.

Like Harvey, I hope to prepare a full comment but
first want to mention this. The genealogy of the
descriptors used on the Gallery is (1) Steve Wilson's
book 'Birds of the ACT: two centuries of change' which
(2) I used to produce (a keep updated) COG's annotated
list of the birds of the ACT that (3) David Cook has
used to label the images in the Gallery.

For some time we have been awaiting the revised
annotated checklist of the birds of COG's area of
concern, being compiled by COG's Rarities Panel. I
would expect that its members have dealt
systematically with the definitional issues Mark
raises.

Best wishes - David

http://au.movies.yahoo.com