canberrabirds

Common Sandpiper (& YTBC)

To: <>
Subject: Common Sandpiper (& YTBC)
From: Harvey Perkins <>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:56:26 +1100
Hi,

I didn't find the Common Sandpiper in the 45 minutes I was out at Uriarra Crossing this morning before work. I spent the first half hour at the sand-bar where the sandpiper has most commonly been seen, then wandered up-river but without luck.

This makes it two out of four visits this season for which I have NOT recorded the bird, which I think, from the various reports, is probably close to the general success rate. When I saw the bird on 8 Jan this year I had been there for 40 minutes before it flew in to the sand-bar. So I haven't yet given up on the bird still being around...

Harvey

ps. On the way there I saw two Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos fly across Tuggeranong Parkway near Heysen St (Weston), and there were two pairs out at the Crossing.

This is the email announcement and discussion list of the Canberra Ornithologists Group. List-Post: <> List-Help: <> List-Unsubscribe: <> List-Subscribe: <> To contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email <>.