canberrabirds

silvereyes

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: silvereyes
From: "Michael and Janette" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:10:19 +1100
Just had the most wonderful sight - TEN silvereyes happily splashing in our bird-bath (the taller one on the pedestal). They didn't mind me standing close on the patio at all. Most we've seen together in our garden in Ainslie for quite a while, ever since the Currawongs hit town. By the by, do others know that the best way to keep the algae down in bird baths is to drop in a couple of leaves of mint when you change the water.