canberrabirds

Spinebills; walking to work

Subject: Spinebills; walking to work
From: "Paul Mahoney" <>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:34:34 +1100
Haven't seen any juvenile Spinebills, but adult Spinebills are still reasonably common around Cook - I would see / hear them about every second or third day.

And since totalling my car last November, I have been walking to work (Cook to Belconnen Town Centre) each day, keeping track of the birds I observe along the way. Despite the proximity of Lake G to the end of the walk (ABS House), I am yet to get a Silver Gull, but did have a Little Pied Cormorant fly over me at the Belconnen Way end of Benjamin Way last week. However, the highlight was this morning, when a Magpie-Lark, two Currawongs, and three Magpies very kindly pointed out a Tawny Frogmouth trying to doze through a black-and-white racket....

This is the email announcement and discussion list of the Canberra Ornithologists Group. List-Post: <> List-Help: <> List-Unsubscribe: <> List-Subscribe: <> To contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email <>.