canberrabirds

COG field trip Easter 2005

To: <>
Subject: COG field trip Easter 2005
From: "David Rees" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:31:44 +1100
Folks

COG is planning to organise a trip to the Dubbo area over Easter 2004.  A main aim of this trip is to visit the Goonoo State Forest to the NE of Dubbo,  For those who don't know it its a wonderful area of ironbark forest, home it is said of such delights as the mallee fowl and the glossyblack cockatoos.  Accommodation options for this trip can range from camping, cabins, to the flashest motel you may care to entertain your 'plastic' with.

If anyone can help us with any specific recommendations as to good spots in the Dubbo area I will be very glad to hear from you.  Emails direct to me at  or are prefered.

I'm already in contact with the Dubbo Field Nats and I am planing a visit up there in early Feb to firm up an agenda so any ideas you may have would best be recieved before then.

Thanks

David Rees