canberrabirds

Nelanglo

Subject: Nelanglo
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:38:22 +1100

I visited Nelanglo near Gundaroo briefly on 29 December. Most species were visible or audible from the road or track running parallel to the road.
This included Diamond Firetail, Hooded Robin, Brown Treecreeper, Crested Shrike-tit, Jacky Winter, Painted Honeyeater (1 definitely heard but not able to track down), Collared Sparrowhawk, White-browed Woodswallow, Mistletoebird, Rufous Songlark, White-winged Triller, and both Tree and Fairy Martin.
I dont see why there isnt the possibility of some Painted Honeyeaters being somewhere in the Canberra region...

Cheers

Marnix