canberrabirds

John Penhallurick: 6000 species reached

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: John Penhallurick: 6000 species reached
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:14:32 +1100 (EST)
Forwarded from BirdingAus re Canberra birder John
Penhallurick's fantastic achievement - David
===================================

    * To: <>
    * Subject: 6000 species reached
    * From: "John Penhallurick"
<>
    * Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:47:42 +1100
    * Cc: "Birding Aus" <>,
"Eurobirdnet" <>

Hi all,
I am delighted to report that I got to 6000 life birds
on a recent trip to Fiji.  My 6000th species was the
Red Shining Parrot Prosopeia tabuensis seen at 11.30
am on the De Voeux Peak trail on Taveuni Island Fiji.
I was hoping to make Silktail my 6000th, but 3
Silktails seen just 10 minutes later represented 6002.
I had a very successful trip, seeing all the thirty
land birds that one could reasonably hope to see on
Viti Levu, Taveuni and Kandavu (ie excluding the
Pink-billed Parrotfinch and Red-throated Lorikeet).
I wonder if I'll ever get to Ogea for the Ogea Monarch
or to Rotuma for the Rotuma Myzomela?
I'll be doing a detailed trip report on the Fiji Trip.
 Let me know if you'd like a copy.
Good Birding and Merry Christmas to all,
John
John Penhallurick
Home: 86 Bingley Cres,FRASER,A.C.T. 2615,AUSTRALIA
Phone: (61 2) 62585428
Mobile: 0408 585 428
Mail:P.O.Box 3469,BMDC,BELCONNEN, A.C.T. 2617
Please visit my website at:
http://worldbirdinfo.net

http://au.movies.yahoo.com