birding-aus

OT New Zealand 2000 stamp issue

To: "'calyptorhynchus'" <>, <>
Subject: OT New Zealand 2000 stamp issue
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 14:16:15 +1100

The other relevant bit from the website is this bit: From Cade’s book about falcons it looks to me like European range of this species is mainly Spain and minimally in France. It really is an odd choice. But fortunately John’s suggestion is clearly not the story behind it.

This stamp issue featured six New Zealand and one French threatened bird, including one of our national icons - the kiwi – and the world’s heaviest and the only flightless parrot – the kākāpō. The New Zealand birds were selected with the assistance of the Department of Conservation.