birding-aus

A job opportunity dealing with Black Cockatoo habitat assessments in SW

To: <>
Subject: A job opportunity dealing with Black Cockatoo habitat assessments in SW Australia has just appeared on Seek
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:01:14 +1100

Don’t respond to me about this. It has nothing to do with me. I am just passing this on. Look it up on Seek if you are interested.

The Company

Our client is an award-winning consulting firm that provides environmental science, landscape architecture, and spatial planning services to a diverse client base including the energy and resource sector, local and state governments, and property development. Our client has a friendly and professional team with excellent staff retention, the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, and an enjoyable work environment.  You will also be part of a majority employee-owned company, dedicated to client and staff satisfaction, excellence, and innovation.

The Role

Our client is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Team Lead / Senior Zoologist with extensive experience in consulting or industry experience to join their Environment team.  The successful candidate will be positive, adaptable and team focussed, who is looking to progress their career and contribute to the development of the business.

Our client offers a friendly personal atmosphere with the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in all fields of ecology in a team-based environment.  Our client offers flexible work arrangements with time in lieu leave available for field staff.  The role will be based at their North Fremantle office. To be successful in the role the applicant needs to demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria listed below.

The right candidate will have considerable technical expertise in terrestrial vertebrate zoology and proven experience in independently managing projects. You will be responsible for leading and conducting zoological field assessments in Western Australia and will contribute to the development and mentoring of the junior staff. Excellent technical report writing ability is a must.  The candidate will have a sound understanding of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation and guidelines, and the ability to communicate this information, both verbally and in technical reports, to their clients.

Essential Criteria

  • A tertiary degree in zoology, conservation biology, environmental science, or related discipline
  • Basic (Level 1) terrestrial fauna surveys and detailed (Level 2) terrestrial fauna surveys experience
  • Demonstrated experience in conducting Black Cockatoo habitat assessments
  • Experience in writing detailed biological reports for environmental impact assessment and compliance
  • Experience in working with and leading survey teams in remote areas
  • Sound project management experience
  • Ability to work flexible hours and undertake field surveys in remote areas for extended periods
  • Excellent data management and statistical analysis skills
  • Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (e.g. ESRI ArcGIS and/or QGIS)
  • Current manual Western Australian Driver's License

Desirable Criteria

  • Experience working in mining, heavy industry, or infrastructure-related projects
  • Experience in Biodiversity Offsets
  • Remote 4WD experience
  • First Aid certificate

<HR>