birding-aus

Running out of species

Subject: Running out of species
From: Mark Stanley <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:51:41 +1000
I've been attempting to add a new species every day this year and the latest Melbourne 5 Km lockdown is proving a challenge.  I'm based in Prahran so limited to roughly from Royal Botanic Gardens to Elwood. Laughing Kookaburra and Silvereye are my last realistic options. I would then still need 4 more to get me to hopefully an easing of restrictions after next Tuesday. Longer shots are a Boobook, Goldfinch (Westgate Pk - is just outside my range) , Grey Shrikethrush (Royal Park is also a bit far) and perhaps scoping a Little Penguin at St Kilda Pier.

I can't see any other obvious gaps in my list below but would welcome any suggestions:

IOC Name
Emu
Cape Barren Goose
Black Swan