birding-aus

Golden-shouldered Parrots

To: David Dickson <>
Subject: Golden-shouldered Parrots
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 07:18:28 +1000

WOW,  this is CLUNKY David, thank you very much for the pic. Never seen
anything like
it, a beacon for. Twitchers and the GSPs surviving the visual trauma.

Joking (?) aside, are these erections loaded with  commercial. birdseed,
hopefully not to the extent of dependence ?

In any event, Sue is onto the Butcherbirds, but the feeding stations are
different I guess, how many are there, enough for the entire GSP population.?

Sue is doing a great job, does she hail from the US,. Should be more like her.
Does she have Golden hair flowing down to her shoulders ?
Whatever,  the status of that beautiful parrot seems secure pro tem, there
should be more people like Sue.

We saw a  Red Goshawk in flight up there somewhere, but better, excellent multi
views at the Mataranka site on a later private trip ,the nest is  probably
still there.

 Let me know if you don’t know the location of the  Mataranka Site if you still
need it.

Regards from us both

Michael
Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 May 2021, at 7:43 pm, David Dickson <> wrote:
>
> Hi Michael,
> attached pic shows GSParrot feeding station at Artemis Station near Musgrave.
> I was there a year or so ago and saw heaps of GSPs but dipped on the Red
> Goshawk. As you can see the feeding station is pretty heavy duty. Sue, the
> Artemis owner, says a problem is increasing numbers of Black-backed Butcher
> birds attacking the GSP nestlings when emerge from their termite mound nests.
> She was keen to experiment with controlled burning in an effort to thin out
> regrowth saplings the butcher birds perch in prior to launching attacks.
> Good to see you’re still alive and
> <P1500557.JPG>
>

> Sent from my iPad

<HR>