birding-aus

Needletail sighting Topaz

To: Laurie Knight <>
Subject: Needletail sighting Topaz
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 21:09:45 +1000
White-throated Needletail 15 on Nov 14 at 1730 flying rapidly about over paddocks in humid cloudy conditions at Old Boonjie Road, Topaz, FNQ, our first of the season.
Pacific Swift one two days earlier Nov 12, belting eastwards and in Innisfail before I had time to call it out!  3 over Nerada Tea Estate Nov 7
Very unusual sighting of a Great Bowerbird here at our rainforest site at 730m Nov 14, new for the property and unexpected as the nearest are around Walkamin and Granite Gorge, not often this species wanders
Phil Gregory
ornithological writer/tour leader/tour facilitator
Field Guides / Sicklebill Safaris / Cassowary Tours
PO Box 597
Malanda
QLD 4885
Australia

Ph: +61 7 4096 8063

Email: m("s2travel.com.au","info");" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 204);" class="">
Website1: http://www.sicklebillsafaris.com OR www.birder.travel