birding-aus

Australian Magpie "anting"or what?

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Australian Magpie "anting"or what?
From: calyptorhynchus <>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 09:06:29 +1100
I’ve observed this behaviour over the years and there is usually a conspicuous lack of ants around. I suspect it is sunning.

John L

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 at 08:45 <> wrote:

Interesting about the lack of ants!  I suspect that there is an honour’s or Master’s degree in this, if one could design a way of scientifically analysing the behaviour.