birding-aus

Colour banded Black-necked Stork

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Colour banded Black-necked Stork
From: gclancy--- via Birding-Aus <>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 12:22:30 +1100

Hi all,

I colour-banded a nestling Black-necked (Satin) Stork at Gilletts Ridge (Clarence Valley Northern NSW) on 12 December 2007.  I placed a yellow band on the upper left leg and a green band on the upper right leg.  It was observed at Port Macquarie on 12 May 2012.  I lost many emails from my old computer and now don’t have the original correspondence reporting the sighting.  I was of the view that the Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme (ABBBS) would have received the details but they haven’t.  I have only the date and the general location ‘Port Macquarie’ of the record but would be keen to receive more details to allow them to be lodged with the ABBBS.  I am hoping that the person/s who observed the banded bird may be a subscriber to Birding-aus or someone may know who saw the bird.  Any information would be appreciated.

Regards

Greg

Dr Greg Clancy

Ecologist

PO Box 63 COUTTS CROSSING NSW 2460

0429601960

www.gregclancyecologistguide.com

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which I live and work the Gumbaynggirr, Bundjalung and Yaegal nations.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>