birding-aus

State checklists

Subject: State checklists
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:27:14 +1000
I have been doing some work for iGoTerra the very useful data listing site (not just for birds but mammals, insects, herps and plants), compiling state checklists for Queensland, WA, NT and Tasmania which only had generic country-wide versions before, and lacked subspecies. I know there will be errors and omissions, I keep finding and amending so please advise if you note any more
Current totals look like this:

Q 1099 taxa
WA 892
NT 631
Tasmania 410

I followed IOC for subspecies and was surprised to find that the Australian Bird Guide seemingly does not, as there were many points of difference between the two lists.
Good birding
Phil Gregory

I have been doing some work for iGoTerra the very useful data listing site (not just for birds but mammals, insects, herps and pl

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>