birding-aus

2019 eBird Taxonomy Update

To: "'Tony Russell'" <>, <>
Subject: 2019 eBird Taxonomy Update
From: <>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:22:10 +1000

I use the downloadable Clements Checklist from Cornell which I believe is the base list for eBird.

It comes in an easy to use Excel spreadsheet with one line per race. Because the list is at race level it is very easy to see what happens with splits etc.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/

You get full access to the spreadsheet and thus you can do with it as you wish. I update my own Microsoft Access database from this list each year.

Also because the list has one line per race it is easy to manipulate and extract for your own use. Also each new list also includes the unique reference number from the previous list.

If you think at race level then who does what with this or that species is fairly irrelevant.

Regards

Barry Lancaster