|Subject:||queries about NZ|
|Date:||Mon, 3 Jun 2019 19:33:57 +1000|
Wondering if someone can help me with these queries.
I am thinking of going to NZ in October, flying in to Wellington, then taking the ferry to the South Island, for the pelagic birds, then picking up a car and driving round down the west coast to the Mt Cook area to see the glaciers, then back to Christchurch via Arthur's Pass.
1. Are King Shags ever seen from the ferry, is there a spot nr Picton you can see them from without having to go on a boat trip or long walk?
2. I have heard that Wekas are common at Westport, where in particular about the town? Are they common enough in the areas I am going to to see them without going to Westport specifically?
3. Does anyone have a good spot for Yellow-crowned Parakeet in the areas I am going to be driving through?
4. The Rock Wrens at Arthur's Pass sound difficult to find, are there any sites in the Mt Cook NP area for this sp?
5. Anywhere I'd be silly to miss birdwise on this route?
<HR> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list <BR> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit: <BR> http://birding-aus.org/mailman/listinfo/birding-aus_birding-aus.org </HR>
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||Steiner Binoculars, James Mustafa|
|Next by Date:||queries about NZ, Kim Sterelny|
|Previous by Thread:||Steiner Binoculars, James Mustafa|
|Next by Thread:||queries about NZ, Kim Sterelny|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU.AU