birding-aus

Budgerigars en masse

Subject: Budgerigars en masse
From: Sarah Harris <>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 11:56:56 +0930
Hello Birders,
I am hoping members of Birding Aus might be able to help me with some recollections of budgerigar massing.
Some years ago the late Terry Pacey offered this group a vignette about seeing budgerigars so thick on power lines east of Dalby in the 50s or 60s that they stretched the wires almost to the ground with their weight.
Has anyone seen anything similar or have a good wild budgie story they are willing to share for possible inclusion as attributed quotes in an upcoming Australian social history?
I am also really keen to include some photographs of wild birds, although I can offer no more than a byline credit to the photographer.
If you prefer to email me directly on please feel free.
Many thanks for your thoughts,
Sarah

Sarah Harris
Writer & researcher