birding-aus

Bruny Island Bird

To: "Baz" <>, "Ken Grinter" <>, <>
Subject: Bruny Island Bird
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 10:47:19 +1000
Hi Baz,

Not a juvenile as juveniles are birds that are in the plumage that they have when they leave the nest.  This bird is probably in its 4th or 5th year as immature male Golden Whistlers have female type plumage for the first few years of their life.  It is not known authoritatively a which age they assume adult male plumage but it is thought to be in their fourth or fifth year.

Regards

Greg
Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide
Organiser, Gould League Bird Study Camp Club,
| PO Box 63 Coutts Crossing NSW 2460
| 02 6649 3153 | 0429 601 960

http://www.gregclancyecologistguide.com

 Letter head

I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands on which I
live and work – the Gumbaynggirr, Yaegl and Bundjalung peoples – and to pay
respect to their elders past, present and emerging