birding-aus

RFI Far North Qld (Cairns to Cooktown)

Subject: RFI Far North Qld (Cairns to Cooktown)
From: Raymond Pearson <>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 20:28:31 +1030
Hi all

I’ll be attending a family event in Palm Cove in mid April, and have managed to
schedule some extra days for birding. This includes a couple of nights in
Cooktown next week. I have a few specific targets, and would really appreciate
any recent sighting or local information. I’ve sourced a bit of info from eBird
and other relevant publications.
I appreciate that I’m late in the season for some of them, but thought it still
worth asking. The birds are:

Black-winged Monarch
Oriental Cuckoo
Spotted Whistling Duck
Large-tailed Nightjar
Red-necked Crake
Red-rumped or Barn Swallow
Lesser Sooty Owl

Any information will be gratefully received! Direct mail reply or PM is fine

Thanks all
Ray

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list