|Subject:||RFI: Trip to Cairns - Iron Range|
|From:||Harry Nyström <>|
|Date:||Wed, 30 Jan 2019 03:30:29 +0200|
Thank you all for your generous input!
I got several emails from here and not a single tip from Facebook. Thus, old school email lists are still validated (although in demise).
I will try to give individual replies in the next few days. Bear with me. :)
Nevertheless, a short summary of the replies below:
1. Two cars recommended. Read the fine print (i.e. terms and condition) carefully. Be prepared for large liability bonds or an additional fee. 1300 Truckhire was suggested by a few. Roads should be fine in Oct, and most likely also in Nov, especially in the first half.
2. Only a couple of recommendations regarding accommodations in Cairns. Google will be my guide. :) Several reminded of the strict no alcohol policy in Lockhart River, which I was already aware of. The fine of 48.956,25 AUD for the first offence is not something to forget...
3. Postponing to Nov will likely add Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfisher and Black-winged Monarch to our list, but not much else. I'm now forgetting one more species, but that's it. 4 nights in Iron Range was considered enough. Thus, the trip will most likely be in early Nov with 4 nights in Iron Range.
4. Etty Bay for the Cassowary and Lockhart airport and surroundings for Palm Cockatoos were recommended most.
5. Lots of good info and trip reports have now been archived for later use. Hopefully better this time around. ;)
Additionally, a cruise to Michaelmas Cay, Daintree River cruise, Mt. Lewis and Atherton Tablelands were recommended by several. Bamaga was also suggested if we would fly to Cape York, but that's probably not likely. Will keep on reading for more. :)
Harry Nyström <> kirjoitti su 13. tammik. 2019 klo 21.06:
<HR> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list <BR> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit: <BR> http://birding-aus.org/mailman/listinfo/birding-aus_birding-aus.org </HR>
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||Status and distribution of South-East Queensland, Greg Roberts|
|Next by Date:||RFI: Trip to Cairns - Iron Range, Philip Veerman|
|Previous by Thread:||RFI: Trip to Cairns - Iron Range, Harry Nyström|
|Next by Thread:||RFI: Trip to Cairns - Iron Range, Philip Veerman|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU.AU