birding-aus

Southport Seamount Pelagic - Day Trip - March 2019

To: "" <>
Subject: Southport Seamount Pelagic - Day Trip - March 2019
From: rob morris <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 12:09:41 +0000
Southport Seamount Pelagic - March 2019

Make your reservation!!!

Over the years, Southport and in particular the seamounts off Southport have
become famous for the tropical seabirds and some real rarities - the yet to be
described Coral Sea Storm-Petrel Is very regular, Polynesian and Band-rumped
Storm-Petrel, Bulwer’s and Herald Petrels are all on the list.

Only a select few have managed to visit the seamounts. That is hopefully about
to change:

Paul and I have managed to secure a large catamaran that can take 100 people
offshore. However, given our plans and deck space, we’re limiting this to 80
people.

It would be an 18 hour trip going to the Queensland Seamount leaving at 4am and
returning at 10pm on either Saturday 30 or Sunday 31st March. Obviously this is
weather dependant. We’d spend around 6-7 hours on the Seamount.

The cost would be $320 per person - bookings would not be confirmed until you’d
paid. Bare in mind the normal weekend trips where we sleep on the boat cost
c$1800pp!

The boat will travel a total distance of around 240nm on this trip.

At this point, we need emails from those who’d like to come so we can quickly
judge numbers and look at the viability. We’ll make a decision in the next week
(by the 25th Jan),based on this response.

Please email both Paul and myself:

Rob

Robert P Morris BSc(Hons) MSc GIACD

Mobile +61 431 119 773