birding-aus

Spaces available - private guided tour Vietnam March 2019

Subject: Spaces available - private guided tour Vietnam March 2019
From: "mike.honeyman" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 05:47:25 +1100
Hi folks

Due to an illness forced drop out of one of our number we have 1 or 2 spots available on a birding tour of Vietnam next year.

The booking is for a 22 day private tour organised by Paul Ashley from the UK, with Tien from www.vietnampittatours.com. Departure date from Hanoi March 9th 2019. it basicalls splits as ~week 1 North, week 2 central, week 3 south, starting on Hanoi and finishing in Ho Chi Minh.

Paul has built in some flexibility to the arrangement with Tien for people to do the whole tour, or sections so long as they are able to get to appropriate meeting places independantly.
I, for example, am only doing week 1 first 8 days from Hanoi to Da Nang then making my own way back to Hanoi to fly home.

Cost works out to about US$1500 per week including drivers, transport including boat trips, internal flights, accommodation, park and hide fees. Excluding food. Exact cost depends which leg you do – and how many on the tour.

We had space for one more already but it wasn’t real critical for a $ point of view, but with the third man dropping out (advanced cancer diagnosis) it’s become more critical to get 1 or 2 more folks signed up to

Itinerary will cover Cuc Phuong, Tam Dao (or alternatives), Van Long, Danang, Bach Ma, Tu Mo Rong, Mang Den, Dalat, Bi Duop, Di Linh and Cat Tien.

Special targets include Golden-winged Laughingthrush, Red-tailed Laughingthrush, Chestnut-eared Laughingthrush, Grey-crowned Crocia, Germain's Peacock Pheasant, Sooty Babbler, Vietnamese Cutia, Black-crowned Barwing, Blue-rumped Pitta, Bar-bellied Pitta, Collared Laughingthrush and Short-tailed Scimitar Babbler amongst many others.

If anyone is interested you can email me for more detailed information.
I have the full itinerary available for week 1 Hanoi to Da Nang.
Pash is co-ordinating the whole trip so you can also follow up directly with him, or I am happy to get more information from him for weeks 2 and 3.

Cheers

mjh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
<HR>