birding-aus

Mulgoa Monarch

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Mulgoa Monarch
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 22:57:47 +1100
I saw and watched for a while the first Black-faced Monarch seen here in Mulgoa
Valley by me In 40 years. In thick  shrubbery on the (dry) creek, in drizzle.
   Common on the Coast and obviously does get to the Valley from time to time.

  Today there were two loudly calling Reed Warblers, about 150 m apart. One in
dead Typha.  one in a clump of Arrow Bamboo next to, still 90% empty, small
dams on another creek

   YTBlack Cockatoos shredding bark off the backyard White Cedar and prying out
Witchetty Grubs. They effectively prune dead twigs and small branches off. Very
messy, but nothing compared to the processional caterpillars due in the next
month or so, along however with various Cuckoos.
             Cheers

                    Miichael
Sent from my iPhone
<HR>