birding-aus

Flock Bronzewing

To: "" <>
Subject: Flock Bronzewing
From: "" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:01:38 +0000 (UTC)
My wife and I (along with friend Elaine Cook), all from the UK, were birding
last night at Pelican Point at the west end of the billabong on the south side
of Birdsville town. Around 1730, we were very pleased to see 4 fly-by Flock
Bronzewings but shortly afterwards the far end of the lake exploded into life
as approximately 5000 Bronzewings lifted off the shore and shallow water to fly
round and land on the fields to the south. Given that we had given up all hope
of seeing the species at all, we were very happy!John Hopkins

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>