birding-aus

Vindictive Grey Butcherbird

Subject: Vindictive Grey Butcherbird
From: David Clark <>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:21:18 +1000
Julie

Grey Butcherbirds made our neighbours' lives a misery during nesting for a
couple of years, but didn't bother us at all.  They eventually stopped
their attacks; perhaps because they found another nesting site or underwent
generational change.

I guess your friend could try some of the techniques used to ameliorate
Magpie attacks; hat with eyes on the back, bicycle helmet or hardhat, or
feeding them (with appropriate food).

Cheers

David

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM Julie Neumann via Birding-Aus <
> wrote:

> A friend who works as a GA in a school yard is having trouble with a
> vicious Grey Butcherbird. It seems to be intent on attacking him even
> though he wears a hat and long sleeves. He comes home bloodied each day.
> The attacks also happened  last year but were not as ferocious. Does anyone
> have a solution other than eliminating the bird?
> Julie Neumann
> 0247393063preferred. 0429130679
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list