birding-aus

White-throated Needletails NE Victoria (plus as ummary of my other recor

To: "" <>, "Michael Tarburton" <>
Subject: White-throated Needletails NE Victoria (plus as ummary of my other records)
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 09:52:40 +0000
Birding-Ausers and Mike

While driving to Thredbo on Good Friday (30/3/18) I saw at least 3
White-throated Needletails soaring over the road near Shelley in NE Victoria
(between Tallangatta and Corryong). Weather was clear as a bell and the birds
were seen just above tree height (30+ metres)

I have had scant records of swidts this season (and none at all in NSW). 2
sightings in January at Milne Hill in Brisbane (10+ one day, at least 3 a
couple of days later), and a couple of birds seen while driving near Yaarck in
Victoria in February - I could get better dates if needed.

Cheers,

Peter
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list