birding-aus

Facebook

To: Alan McBride <>
Subject: Facebook
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:41:44 +1100
We have Catalan Seperatism in bird listing? Viva Catalonia Libre!
What part of France have you settled in Alan? I spent about 5 years living
part time in a village called Puivert, in the Aude. It is about 50Km SSW of
Carcassone, just up the hill from Quillan, on the D117. It is a choice part
of the world. Hope you are enjoying yourself. There are some fine meals to
be had around there. If you are ever up on the Plateau de Saul, in Espezel.
And are feeling like a grand lunch, look for Chez Petit Louis AKA Relais du
Plateau de Sault.
https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g2100972-d2087335-Reviews-Relais_du_Pays_de_Sault-Espezel_Aude_Occitanie.html
massive meal of simple country fare, with free flow Corbiere plonk plus
local Muscat as an aperitif. Quite reasonably priced as well. Hope you are
enjoying life over there, unless you are renovating an old house, in which
case, my commiserations, been there done that. I have pretty much recovered
now.

Cheers,

Carl

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018, Alan McBride <> wrote:

> Over here in France and Spain birds are reported as per the links below,
> they also cover everything else that moves (!)
>
> The system seems to work very well and from what I understand can also
> link to eBird? Your search can include everything, less frequent, rarities,
> etc., for all groups and covers all regions. I put the Spanish one first as
> they offer English while the Frenh one simultaneously improves your French
> and Latin :-) It’s free and photos and sound bites can be added easily.
>
> The Spanish one I have set to cover Catalonia and the French one covers my
> department and adjacent two departments. (11, 34 & 66). All regions have
> these.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/y7ke8hzj <http://tinyurl.com/y7ke8hzj>
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y8sbb57h <http://tinyurl.com/y8sbb57h>
>

> Best