birding-aus

Cairns/Daintree

To: "" <>
Subject: Cairns/Daintree
From: Alana Dare <>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 04:27:16 +0000
Hi Jason,

We had great accommodation at Daintree Valley Haven which is run by a lovely
couple who really care about the environment. There are comfortable cabins
where you can cater for yourself or they can supply meals. Best is the fact
that you are surrounded by lush rainforest, overlooking the river, with BBP
Kingfishers shooting past and as we arrived a Red-necked Crake ran past us
over the lawn.

We went with Daintree River Cruises and had magnificent views of
Great-billed Heron. It was the 4pm trip and even so we saw some wonderful
species.

You may get some ideas if you go to https://youtu.be/pGmlBX-wLZQ which is a
short eight minute version of a trip we made to NE Queensland.

Have a great time. It's a very bird rich area with so many diverse habitats.

Alana and Greg Dare

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>