birding-aus

Is Allen Jeyarajasingam's field guide to the birds of Peninsular Malaysi

To: Laurie Knight <>
Subject: Is Allen Jeyarajasingam's field guide to the birds of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore the best choice for the region?
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:04:45 +0000
>From my trips to M/sia and S/pore, I found most locals seem to use it. Some
of the copies floating around over there are nearly Gold. I met and was on
a team with, a Gentleman  commonly know as “Uncle Fu”. His copy was so full
of annotations and paste ins, that it would be an Ornithological treasure.
If I were to go back there again, Jeyarajasingam would be the guide I would
take. I would need a new copy, because the binding in my copy has not
survived the several drownings it has had. Robson, would probably do the
job, but it does really stop a bit short of some of the more interesting
parts of the peninsula, and S/pore. S/pore is a bit special, because of the
escapes and those species that have crept in from the northern parts of
Indonesia.

Are you thinking of going yourself? If so, I might be able to send some
info your way. Don’t forget to tap into the Nature Society of Singapore’s
Bird Group. They have some red hot birders there.

On Sunday, January 21, 2018, Laurie Knight <> wrote:

> G’day Folks,
>
> I’m going to be in that neck of the woods later this year.  Is this the
> best guide?
>
> Regards, Laurie.
>
> A field guide to the birds of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore.
>

> Jeyarajasingam, Allen.
> Oxford: Oxford University Press, (2012. second edition). Octavo, laminated
> boards, colour illustrations.
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>