birding-aus

Are birders having an identity crisis

To: Iain Campbell <>
Subject: Are birders having an identity crisis
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 02:56:31 +0000
Hi Iain,

US birding couples who travel internationally were the topic of my PhD.  Many
participants were interested in photography while others, particularly those
serious about listing, complained about photographers.  If you’re interested in
my findings let me know.

Regards

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow Ph.D.
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

On 19 Jan 2018, at 8:20 am, Iain Campbell <> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I wrote an article about the merging of photography and birding, and what
> it means to be  birder now. I used questionnaires for 230 birders to do
> this, and I analysed the results after also talking o a few participants
> with a please explain.  The article mentions new types of trips for the
> crossovers but is not a sales pitch. Take a look at the article on the link
> below and please tell me what you think, but read it first. We had 1800
> title and decided their view, ie "birders good, photographers evil" or
> "photographers good, birders jealous". Let's not do that here.
>

> http://www.tropicalbirding.com/2018/01/09/are-birders-having-an-identity-crisis/
>
> Cheers,
> Iain
> --