birding-aus

ONE RED-RUMPED SWALLOW with+/-20 Barn Swallows at Lower Daintree FNQ yes

To: Tony Russell <>
Subject: ONE RED-RUMPED SWALLOW with+/-20 Barn Swallows at Lower Daintree FNQ yesteday
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:41:44 +0000
Tony, you might remember that the sewage pond manager threatened to have the
trespassing birders arrested.

As for Mataranka I heard that the goshawks left after decades of nesting in
that area. Whether their departure, and the owner of that land selling up, had
anything to do with trespassing birders and photographers, I don’t know.

Denise

On 13 Jan 2018, at 6:57 am, Tony Russell <> wrote:

> If it was my property I'd get the cops in. I know the place, been there a
> few times, but have never ventured into the driveway, it's obviously
> private. If anyone knows who some of these trespassers are lets name them
> and shame them.
>
> On 12 January 2018 at 19:41, Carl Clifford <> wrote:
>
>> This doesn’t surprise me.
>>
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018, martin cachard <> wrote:
>>
>>> *** UNETHICAL BIRDERS STRIKE AGAIN !!!***
>>>

>>> hello all,
>>>

>>> there have been a number of briders since Sunday behaving VERY poorly at
>>> this site where the lone adult Red-rumped Swallow has been residing along
>>> with a minimum of 30-odd Barn Swallows.
>>>

>>> THIS MUST STOP... NOW please!!
>>>

>>> the resident who owns the property adjacent to and below the rig of
>>> powerlines has told me face to face last eveing while I was there at
>> 5:30pm
>>> of some very disturbing, unethical and illegal displays of poor form.
>>>

>>> this even includes the culprits, who are DEFINITELY birders, walking the
>>> full 50 mtr length of his
>>>
>>> PRIVATE driveway without asking for his permission, just to get a
>> 'better'
>>> look.
>>>

>>> some of these individuals have parked themselves after such a walk within
>>> 5 mtrs of his home!!! some have even sat there and waited for the bird/s
>>> show, often unsuccessful in seeing the red-rump...
>>>

>>> this is ILLEGAL activity and it's called trespassing. PLEASE STOP IT !!!
>>>

>>> the best way to see these birds is to view them from the road side of the
>>> fenceline that runs parallel with Capt Cook Hwy, and to do this very
>> early
>>> after sunrise, or after 5:15pm.
>>>

>>> more on this later...
>>>

>>> thank you,
>>>

>>> martin cachard,
>>>
>>> solar whisper wildlife cruises,
>>>
>>> daintree river.
>>>

>>> & trinity beach, cairns.
>>>

>>> ________________________________

>>> 14 Barn, adults, & imms/juvs;
>>> 4 Welcome, adults;
>>> 2 Tree Martin, adults;
>>> 19 Fairy Martin, adults, & juvs.
>>>
>>> cheers for now,
>>>

>>> martin cachard,
>>>
>>> solar whisper wildlife cruises,
>>> daintree river,
>>>

>>> & trinity beach, cairns
>>> <HR>
>>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>>> <BR>
>>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>>> Birding-Aus Info Page<http://birding-aus.org/
>> mailman/listinfo/birding-aus_
>>> birding-aus.org>
>>> birding-aus.org
>>> BIRDING-AUS is a discussion group for anyone with an interest in
>>> Australian wild birds. Read updates and trip reports from many parts of
>>> Australia.
>>>

>>> </HR>
>>> <HR>
>>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>>> <BR>
>>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>>> </HR>
>>>
>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>
>>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>