birding-aus

Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren 6 June 2018 advertisement

To: "" <>
Subject: Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren 6 June 2018 advertisement
From: Patricia Maher <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 06:48:37 +0000
Mitchell Plateau charter for Black Grasswren 6 June 2018

As per previous years, including the successful 2017 excursion, Australian
Ornithological Services will run a one-day charter to the Mitchell Plateau
at the end of our 2018 Top End tour. It involves fixed-wing to the Mitchell
Plateau airstrip and then helicopters to the campground. The plane booked is
a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (13 seats) and the helicopters are six-seat Long
Rangers. This day is not part of our commercial Top End tour in that we
don¹t charge our Top End participants, or the Œoutsiders¹ who elect to join
them, a professional guiding fee for the day. The 2018 cost of the Mitchell
Plateau charters if there are 10 participants plus guide is approximately
$935.00 per person. The benefit to AOS is that with others sharing the
charter costs, it lowers the cost for our Top End participants.  Black
grasswren, Kimberley honeyeater, and the yellow-eyed form of partridge
pigeon are the key birds for the day. It¹s also a spectacular flight. At
this point, we'll take four non-Top End tour participants' names and a $500
deposit for the Mitchell Plateau charter. Birders keen to take these four
places should contact me ASAP. There may be a couple more places available
in March next year.   Regards Patricia Maher
http://www.philipmaher.com/TopEnd2018itinerary.html
http://www.philipmaher.com/TopEnd2017tripreport.html

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list