birding-aus

Tourism Opportunities that Support Threatened Species - presentation on

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Tourism Opportunities that Support Threatened Species - presentation on the Baby Dreaming tourism project
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:05:13 +0000
I shall be giving a presentation in town next Monday.  The details are below.
I don’t know what time I’ll be speaking yet.

I’ll be talking about the Baby Dreaming Tourism Project and the sharing
economy, what it could mean for Aboriginal people on outstations and the
natural environment, and secondly, for the economy as a whole.

In the presentation I’ll also mention the role that birdwatching couples played
in breaking down cultural barriers.  Lenore Dembski, Paperbark Woman, is
facilitator.

Tourism Opportunities that Support Threatened Species – (first held in 2016)
A workshop about business opportunities and activities involving ecological
tourism developments that support threatened or vulnerable flora and fauna
across the NT.
Target Audience - People interested in the tourism, conservation or general
business areas that want to know more about strategies to support threatened
species – including students currently studying in these areas and staff in
government and not-for-profits
When:        Monday 30.10.17   -   10.00am to 3.00pm
Where:      Territory Conference Room, NADO, Ground Floor, Development House,
The Esplanade, Darwin
Cost:            $15.00   -   includes a light lunch of sandwiches and tea and
coffee
Bookings:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tourism-opportunities-that-support-threatened-species-tickets-36153715737

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow