birding-aus

Night warblers

To: Brian Fleming <>
Subject: Night warblers
From: Gordon Claridge <>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 02:48:15 +0000
I would be surprised if it is anything other than a Pied Butcherbird.  We live
in bushland in the Vinegar Hill locality in the Lockyer Valley (southern edge
of the Helidon Hills).  The call of the Pied Butcherbirds around dawn is
exactly as was described - so repertitive that we have always joked that it is
juvenile birds practising elements of their song until they get it right.

Gordon Claridge

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>