birding-aus

North American Field Guide

Subject: North American Field Guide
From: John Harris <>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:43:50 +0000
Try the Audubon app, Steve. I loved it while in the USA this time last
year.  Can sort by colour, type of bird, location, state etc. Has several
images of each bird, calls, resident and migration maps etc and it's free,
from memory... ran excellently on my Samsung tablet.  I also did buy the
Sibley while over there.

Cheers

John

Yours in all things "Green"

John Harris. BASc, GDipEd
Director and Principal Zoologist/Ecologist
Wildlife Experiences P/L

Wildlife Guide
Nature Photographer

0409 090 955
www.wildlifeexperiences.com.au

On 24 Aug. 2017 17:38, "Ian Reid" <> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> which bit of NA are you going to?  The Sibley guides (which are
> pretty-much the best tere are for NA) come either as a "luggable", or as
> two different compact volumes, one for east, one for west (there is a lot
> of overlap).
>
> There is also a Sibley app (same interface as Morcombe). I got mine free
> (to celebrate Obama's re-election it was available for free from the app
> store for a day or two!).
>
> Cheers, Ian
>

> On 24/08/2017 3:54 PM, Steve Potter wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> Any advise on the best “portable” field guide for North America?
>> Regards
>>
>> Steve Potter
>> m: 0407398234
>> e:
>>

>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>
>>

> --
> Prof. Ian Reid, FTSE
> ARC Laureate Fellow