birding-aus

Bird names

To: Mike Carter <>
Subject: Bird names
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 22:08:10 +0000
Dear Mike, Phil, Mick, Dave, all,

                                                Thanks for clarifying the names
of bird taxonomy organisations,   I think.
  My mistake in attributing the BotW arrangement  to the IOC, apologies.
   Is there a list of World or Australian bird classifying agencies?
   Is the IOC generally accepted as gospel?  Do they oversee genetic testing?
Are names decided by a committee? Who?
    Will the Eastern and Western Night Parrots be split?

               Sincerely Yours

                    Michael

Sent from my iPhone

<HR>