birding-aus

RFI: Qld bird rich caravan parks

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI: Qld bird rich caravan parks
From: Albert Vrielink <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:25:14 +0000
Dear Aus Birders,

I'm a birder from The Netherlands. Back in 2006/2007 my partner and I lived
in Melbourne and I became part of the Australian birding community
(birding-aus / Birds Australia). Next year July/August 2017 we will return
to Oz with our two boys to show them 'our' country. We will meet & greet
friends in Melbourne and than onto a 5 week camper van trip from Cairns to
Brisbane with plenty of birding on the side.

I've already seen quite a few bird species in Oz but the most of Qld will
be new birding territory. I already contacted a few birders for
spotlighting and a pelagic (waiting list). Next is planning caravan parks.
Would anyone of you folks want to help me out finding the best caravan
parks from a wildlife / birding point of view? We will stay at campsites
ranging from BIG4 to National Parks. Of course any other camper van /
birding advise is most welcome. Please send an email to lbird.downunder at
gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Albert Vrielink