birding-aus

Willy Fantails

To: Geoff Ryan <>, "" <>
Subject: Willy Fantails
From: Peter Pfeiffer <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:16:18 +0000
Weird common names is part of our Aussie culture. (we are still defining our
culture so why not keep what we have got)
The Scientific name is constant.

I use still use Jabiru, know of Blue Cranes and Bluejays, have never heard of
Eechongs and Peewees is just not right.
I use Magpie-Lark but they will always be known to me as the Murray magpie.

It makes everything more interesting.

Cheers from the land of Fritz and Farmers Union Iced Coffee.

Peter.

Peter Pfeiffer
 Technical Officer
  School of Chemical and Physical Sciences

  Bedford Park SA 5042
  Tel:        (+61 8) 8201 2604
  Fax:       (+61 8) 8201 2905
  Email: