birding-aus

North QLD, East QLD, NSW Trip Report

To: 'birding-aus' <>
Subject: North QLD, East QLD, NSW Trip Report
From: Bernard O'Keefe <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:18:18 +0000
We hope the following is of interest to members on this site. Please feel free
to contact us for more details. Sorry for the length but we wanted this to be
useful for other birders.
NORTH QLD ROAD TRIP REPORT
Dec 2016/ Jan 2017

On December 27. Scott Baker, Kevin Bartram and myself began a road trip to
target specific bird species that we all wanted to see and photograph.
We left Melbourne early on Dec 27 and headed for our first overnight stop,
which was Bourke in NSW. Although we had very little time for birding we did
see species such as Spotted Harrier, Greater Blue Bonnets and Red-winged
parrots along the way. We travelled over 1000 km’s on the first day.
The next day, Dec 28, we were up early again and travelled most of the day
before staying in a beautiful and friendly country hotel at Ilfracombe, about
20 km’s south of Longreach.  Again, there was very little time for birding but
we did see species such as Square-tailed Kite, Brolga’s and Australian Bustard
in our travels and some reptiles on the road such as Sand Goanna. But more
exciting was the finding of about 20 Plum-headed Finch, 6 km’s south of Tambo,
which gave Scott a ‘lifer’! It was another 1000 km leg part of the journey but
we spent most of this time talking about birds, cricket and footy!
On Dec 29, we began the last 600 km’s to our destination, which was Mt.Isa. On
the way, we encountered and photographed a Spencer’s Monitor, which is a
reptile of significance, just south of Winton. We also came across a
Channel-billed cuckoo, which was a surprise to us in this part of outback
Australia. Also on this leg of the journey, we were very pleased to see how
lush the landscape was and we came across thousands of Woodswallows including,
Masked, White-browed, Black-faced and White-breasted feeding along the road. We
also saw many Australian Pratincoles, Cockatiels, Budgies and more bustards.
On arriving at Mt.Isa, we immediately made our way to Mica Creek (about 12 km’s
south of Mount Isa) for our first target, which was the Kalkadoon Grasswren,
which would be a ‘lifer’ for all of us! We had a number of sites researched and
Scott and I had been there before so we thought this was a good starting point.
We found a number of Spinifex pigeon here which was to become a bird we
constantly came across over the next few days and were surprised at how common
they were!
We arrived about 3pm and decided to spread out along the range which the
species is often reported from. After about 1 hour, I was lucky to hear them
call in a small gully. Upon following the call, two birds presented very well
and I managed some great shots of these. I immediately called Scott and Kevin
over but we could not relocate the birds.
Next morning, we decided to head back to this spot and it was not long when
Scott found two birds again, but almost at the top of the ridge, and he and Kev
were able to get some great shots! WOW! Our first target achieved and we were
all happy with our photos. But be warned, walking over this terrain is VERY
demanding and one needs a fair level of fitness and water to venture up these
ridges! Just ask Kev! At this site, we also had Eastern Koel, Red-backed
Kingfisher and a number of cuckoo’s, honeyeaters such as Rufous throated, grey
headed and Silver-crowned Friarbird
With The KG in the bag, we decided to head out to the north west of Mt.Isa for
the famous Carpentarian Grasswren site on McNamara Road. The road is completely
sealed now and mine activities suspended so it was a pleasant journey up to the
rock cairn at the 8 km mark. In the rock cairn contains a container which as a
notebook for people to record their sightings on. We had a quick look at this
and the notes pointed to the area that Scott and I had seen them in April of
this year. It did not take too long for Scott to locate 2 birds and he managed
fantastic photos. My photos were blurred due to the spinifex catching my focus.
Also at this site, we had birds such as Little Woodswallow, Black-tailed
Treecreeper and Varied Lorikeet.
As it was extremely hot, we decided to head back to Mt.Isa for the night. On
the way back, we stopped at Lake Moondara where we located terrific birds such
as Golden-backed Honeyeater(Black-chinned), Paperbark Flycatcher and Glossy
ibis. Kev thought he had heard an Arafura Fantail but we failed to confirm with
a sighting.
The following day, we returned to the site where again Scott located 3 birds
and Scott, Kev and I were able to pick up very good photos of these birds. WOW!
Although I had seen this species before, it became a major photo tick for me so
I was extremely happy!  After this excitement, we decided to celebrate with a
big breakfast back in Mt. Isa before making our way east to our next target,
which was the Eungella Honeyeater. We made it to Hughenden that evening to
celebrate New Year’s Eve and Kev’s impending 60th birthday next day! Along the
highway, we had a short stop to photograph a large number of Australian
Pratincoles drinking on a puddle of the side of the road.
Next morning, we began the journey to Eungella and on the way, we had some
fantastic views and photo opportunities in a number of small townships of
Dollarbird, Squatter Pigeon and Red-backed Kingfisher. We all agreed that these
we the best photos we have taken of these species! We arrived in Eungella about
6pm after picking up supplies and set up camp at Broken River. That night,
Scott and Kev went out spotlighting and had an amazing night, finding a
Small-eyed Snake, a number and variety of interesting frogs and a number of
gecko’s including the Pepper-bellied Broad tailed Gecko and a type of velvet
gecko(Oedura monoli).
Early next morning, we headed off to locate the Eungella Honeyeater sites that
are identified in the Tim Dolby/Rohan Clarke book. We immediately got onto a
couple of birds at the first site in the book but the weather conditions were
extremely poor including rain, mist and fog. We decided to check out the nearby
site at the junction of Snake Rd and after about an hour, we found a number of
birds low down which gave us great views! YAHOO! This was my last honeyeater to
photograph in Australia so I was thrilled! This was a lifer for Scott too and a
new photo tick for Kev!
After celebrating with a breakfast at the local café in Eungella, we bumped
into a local who gave us some great information about where to find quail. We
took his advice and after photographing Painted Button-quail on his property in
town, he suggested we head down to the local football ground. In the next hour,
I can only describe this as one of the most enjoyable birding experiences I
have ever encountered! On this small oval, we immediately located a number of
red-backed Button Quail and managed some great shots! We also located Brown
Quail and most excitingly, we flushed two male King quail! The oval is tiny and
everywhere we walked we continued to flush quail!
We have since learnt that this phenomenon has been previously been recorded and
we were lucky enough to stumble across it in our short time there!  WOW!
Eungella was also good for Topknot pigeon, Woompoo, Rose-crowned and Superb
Fruit Dove, Black-faced Monarch and we encountered these often. At about
midday, we decided to pack up camp and head to Rockhampton in order to prepare
our search for the Yellow Chat at the Port Alma site the following day.
An early morning visit to Part Alma Rd just south of Rockhampton failed to
produce any sightings of Yellow Chat but we did see a number of Zitting
Cisticola’s on the road and a pair of Cotton Pygmy geese on a small pond at the
start of the road as well as a number of Comb-crested Jacana’s. We then checked
out another site closeby(12 Mile Rd) and although we did not see any chats,
Scott had great views of a Red-chested Button-Quail he flushed in a paddock.
The following morning, we had another quick look for the Yellow Chat at Port
Alma Rd and the other site where Scott had seen the Red-chested Button Quail
the day before. No luck again with the chat so we conceded this as our first
dip of the trip. We went back to where Scott had flushed the quail and we were
able to flush one bird that Kev and Scott saw well. It did not get a
satisfactory view so I did not count this on my list. Soon after this, we were
back on the road to make our way south to Inskip Point. On the way, we passed
through a town called Childers and Scott saw a Square-tailed Kite fly across
the road where it landed in a tree very low down. We immediately stopped and
photographed this raptor which had two pigeon fledglings in its talons. We all
agreed that this was the best views of the kite that any of us had ever seen!
Yahoo!
On arriving at Inskip Point mid-afternoon, we began our search for the
Black-breasted Button Quail although we had all seen it before. I photographed
it easily a couple of years ago at this spot but recent reports had suggested
that it was becoming increasingly difficult to find this bird at this location.
After a couple of hours search, we had no luck but found some other great birds
such as 3 Beach Stone Curlews, White-cheeked Honeyeaters, Variegated Fairy
wren, Varied Triller, Fairy Gerygone and a large number of terns such as Little
and Common. We stayed in Gympie that night.
Next day, we made our way to the Conondale National Park where we wanted to
camp the night I the hope of doing some spotlighting that night.  We stopped
for breakfast at Kenilworth where we had great views of White-headed pigeon
feeding around the township. We spent some time at the Charlie Moreland
campground where we had a number of Noisy Pitta’s calling. We set up at camp at
the Booloumba Campground. Before dinner, Scott found a cave with Common
Bent-wing and Eastern Horseshoe bats. That night we went spotlighting where we
found a number of different frog species, a Marbled Frogmouth and some
fantastic mammals back at the Charlie Moreland campground which included
Red-necked Pademelon and Long-nosed Bandicoot. Unfortunately no Masked Owl
which continues to be a bogey bird for me!
The rain poured heavily on our tents that night which made camping difficult.
The following day we again headed south to meet up with Tom Tarrant, who took
us around his patch around Dayboro and Samsonvale.  I was excited to meet Tom
as I have read many of his trip reports that he has compiled over the years.
Tom was able to get us onto White Eared Monarch, Grey Goshawk, Azure
Kingfisher, Kind Quail, Red-backed Buttonquail, Brown Quail and a possible
Red-chested Buttonquail at Postman’s Track. Thanks Tom for a great day birding!
That evening we headed back up the highway to Nambour to meet up with local
birder Greg Roberts who kindly offered to take us out the following morning.
We picked up Greg at 5am and Greg took us to some of his secret locations.
That morning, we had White-eared Monarch, close-up views of a bushhen, Barred
Cuckoo Shrike. It was great to meet Greg and we thoroughly enjoyed his company.
Thank you Greg! Jumping in the car at lunchtime after we dropped Greg off, we
decided to make a dash down to Ballina in NSW, where a South Island Pied
Oystercatcher had been reported the previous week. This would be a lifer for
Kev and Scott so there was a great deal of excitement in the car. We found the
location about 20 kms south of Ballina at Broadbeach and after a 2 km walk
along the beach and checking out all the Pied Oystercatchers, we managed to
locate the SIPO was gave us fantastic views! Scott had arranged to meet up with
an old friend of his from Ballina who offered us accommodation for the night
We arrived at Scott’s friend house about 8 pm that night and this stay was one
of the best highlights of the trip for me! We stayed with Kathrina Southwell,
who is the manager of the organization: Australian Seabird Rescue.
Kath is responsible for caring for injured birds and turtles. It was great to
have a tour of this facility and the turtles in her care. There were Green
turtles, Hawksbill and a very large Loggerhead swimming around in a large
saltwater pool. Kath does an amazing job in rehabilitating sick and injured
wildlife and it was a real eye-opener as to how many animals are affected by
our garbage.
After a terrific night staying with Kath, we visited Flat Rock in Ballina to
search for Wandering Tattl3rs. We were able to find 3 birds pretty easily and
they allowed very close views. Soon after, we dropped Kev off to the bus
station as he was heading back to Brisbane Airport for a flight home that
evening and Scott and I headed south to Werrikimbe NP in search of the Rufous
Scrub bird. We arrived 6 hours later and set up camp at the Bushy Mountain
campground.
Early next morning, we were able to locate the Rufous Scrub bird exactly at a
location we had been given. But more excitingly, we both were able to obtain
pretty good photos of a highly elusive bird. A female jumped onto a log for a
couple of seconds which gave us our window of opportunity. We were so excited
with our photos! We packed up camp and were back in the car to travel to our
next destination, which was Barren Grounds, near Jamberoo, in search of the
Eastern Ground Parrot. We arrived there early evening and stayed in the
Jamberoo hotel that night.
Next morning, we spent an hour around the track that the ground parrot his
frequently seen on. We split up and Scott was able to flush one from the heath
but I failed to see one. We were anxious to get home so we soon back in the car
and heading to our final destination, which was Marlo, in search of my bogey
bird – Masked Owl! After dinner in Marlo, we went out to a number of sites
where Scott has seen and photographed the birds before.  But it was almost full
moon, and the sky was well lit, and thus I began to worry about our chances.
Despite trying all the known sites, we had no joy in finding the Masked Owl
although we did hear a Sooty Owl in the distance.  In fact, the whole area was
very silent that night probably due to the moon phase. So the Masked Owl
remains my bogey bird!
Anyway, it has been very exciting birding adventure over the last couple of
weeks. We estimate that we travelled in between 8000-9000 km’s, across 3 states
and back, in very hot conditions, but consider it to be very successful in what
we wanted to see.
We now begin planning for our next trip, whenever and where ever that may be! I
hope you enjoyed reading this report!
Bernie OKeefe and Scott Baker
17-1-17

TRIPLIST: Melbourne-Mt Isa-Rockhampton-
Brisbane-NSW 27/12/16- 11/1/17
1 Emu
2 Magpie Goose
3 Plumed Whistling Duck
4 Wandering Whistling Duck: [4/1] -12 Mile creek rd [south of Rockhampton- Qld]
5 Black Swan
6 Pink-eared Duck
7 Maned Duck
8 Cotton Pygmy Goose: [2-3/1] pair of birds seen in wetland near start of Port
Alma
rd. [Qld]
9 Pacific Black Duck
10 Australasian Shoveler
11 Grey Teal
12 Chestnut Teal
13 Hardhead
14 Australian Brushturkey
15 Helmeted Guineafowl: [6/1] well documented semi-feral birds at Samsonvale
cemetery.
16 Brown Quail: [2/1] Eungella [Qld], [6/1] Postmans track, Samsonvale
[Brisbane]
17 King Quail: [2/1] -3 birds flushed from cricket pitch in Eungella [Qld].
[6/1] - 2
birds seen and more heard in grasslands surrounding Lake Samsonvale [Brisbane]
including Samsonvale cemetery and Postmans track.
18 Indian Peafowl: [3/1] m and f observed in woodland along 12 Mile creek road.
Not that close to any obvious habitation, no idea what local status is but
thought
worth mentioning.
19 Australasian Grebe
20 Great Crested Grebe
21 Black-necked Stork
22 Australian White Ibis
23 Straw-necked Ibis
24 Glossy Ibis
25 Royal Spoonbill
26 Yellow-billed Spoonbill
27 Eastern Cattle Egret
28 White-necked Heron
29 Great Egret
30 White-faced Heron
31 Little Egret
32 Pacific Reef Heron
33 Australian Pelican
34 Australasian Gannet
35 Little Pied Cormorant
36 Little Black Cormorant
37 Australian Pied Cormorant
38 Great Cormorant
39 Australasian Darter
40 Eastern Osprey
41 Black-shouldered Kite
42 Square-tailed Kite: [28/12] 10km sth of Wyandra [Qld], [4/1] bird seen
crossing
Bruce hwy near Childers [Qld]
43 Wedge-tailed Eagle
44 Grey Goshawk: [6/1] Booloumba campsite, Conondale Nat Park [Qld], [6/1]
Dayboro area [Brisbane]
45 Brown Goshawk
46 Collared Sparrowhawk
47 Spotted Harrier
48 Black Kite
49 Brahminy Kite
50 White-bellied Sea Eagle
51 Australian Bustard
52 Buff-banded Rail
53 Pale-vented Bush-hen: [6/1] heard at Hillview crt reserve –Brisbane. Another
bird seen well at Moy Pocket [Brisbane] following day.
54 Dusky Moorhen
55 Eurasian Coot
56 Brolga
57 Red-backed Buttonquail: [2/1] around 10 birds flushed from small, slightly
overgrown cricket pitch in Eungella [Qld], [6/1] bird flushed from grassland
near
Postman’s track, Samsonvale [Brisbane]
58 Painted Buttonquail: [2/1] private yard in Eungella [Qld] 2 birds seen well.
59 Red-chested Buttonquail: [3-4/1] single bird flushed both days in grassy
field
close to 12 Mile creek rd [south of Rockhampton-Qld]. [6/1] probable bird
flushed
from grasslands at Postman’s track, Lake Samsonvale.
60 Beach Stone-curlew: [4/1] -3 birds seen at Inskip Point [Qld].
61 South Island Oystercatcher [7/1] Bonus bird. Was not a target species but
single bird that turned up at Broadwater Beach, south of Ballina [NSW],
required only
a minor adjustment to itinerary.
62 Pied Oystercatcher
63 Sooty Oystercatcher
64 White-headed Stilt
65 Masked Lapwing
66 Pacific Golden Plover
67 Red-capped Plover
68 Greater Sand Plover: [4/1] Inskip Point [Qld]
69 Comb-crested Jacana
70 Bar-tailed Godwit
71 Far Eastern Curlew
72 Whimbrel
73 Common Greenshank
74 Wandering Tattler: [8/1] -4 birds seen at Flat Rock, Ballina [NSW]
75 Ruddy Turnstone
76 Red-necked Stint
77 Sharp-tailed Sandpiper
78 Australian Pratincole: small number recorded at various sites in western Qld.
[1/1] more substantial flock encountered on roadside between Cloncurry and
Richmond [Qld]
79 Silver Gull
80 Gull-billed Tern
81 Caspian Tern
82 Greater Crested Tern
83 Little Tern
84 Common Tern
85 Rock Dove
86 White-headed Pigeon
87 Spotted Dove
88 Brown Cuckoo-Dove
89 Pacific Emerald Dove
90 Common Bronzewing
91 Crested Pigeon
92 Spinifex Pigeon: [29-31/12] various sites in Mt Isa region
93 Squatter Pigeon: [1/1] –Burdekin Roadhouse [Qld], [4/1] Port Alma rd [Qld]
94 Wonga Pigeon
95 Diamond Dove
96 Peaceful Dove
97 Bar-shouldered Dove
98 Wompoo Fruit Dove
99 Superb Fruit Dove
100 Rose-crowned Fruit Dove
101Topknot Pigeon
102 Pheasant Coucal
103 Pacific Koel
104 Channel-billed Cuckoo: various sites in SE Qld but single bird recorded sth
of
Winton [29/12] is edge of range I believe.
105 Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoo
106 Shining Bronze Cuckoo
107 Pallid Cuckoo
108 Fan-tailed Cuckoo
109 Brush Cuckoo
110 Barking Owl
111 Southern Boobook
112 Marbled Frogmouth:[5/1] calling at 2 sites near Booloumba campsite,
Conondale Nat Park [Qld]
113 Tawny Frogmouth
114 Spotted Nightjar: [30/12] single bird flushed in daytime Mcnamara rd [Mt Isa
region]
115 Australian Owlet-nightjar
116 Oriental Dollarbird
117 Laughing Kookaburra
118 Blue-winged Kookaburra
119 Forest Kingfisher
120 Sacred Kingfisher
121 Red-backed Kingfisher
122 Azure Kingfisher
123 Rainbow Bee-eater
124 Nankeen Kestrel
125 Brown Falcon
126 Peregrine Falcon
127 Red-tailed Black Cockatoo
128 Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo
129 Gang-gang Cockatoo
130 Major Mitchell's Cockatoo
131 Galah
132 Long-billed Corella
133 Little Corella
134 Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
135 Cockatiel
136 Rainbow Lorikeet
137 Scaly-breasted Lorikeet
138 Varied Lorikeet: 30/12 small number recorded overhead Mcnamara rd [Mt Isa
region]
139 Musk Lorikeet
140 Australian Ringneck
141 Crimson Rosella
142 Pale-headed Rosella
143 Eastern Rosella
144 Eastern Bluebonnet
145 Red-rumped Parrot
146 Mulga Parrot
147 Budgerigar
148 Eastern Ground Parrot:[10/1] single bird flushed from heathland Barren
Grounds [NSW]
149 Australian King Parrot
150 Red-winged Parrot
151 Noisy Pitta
152 Superb Lyrebird
153 Rufous Scrubbird: [9/1] Werrikimbe National Park. Great views and
photographs of female bird was one of highlights of the trip.
154 Green Catbird
155 Regent Bowerbird: [2/1] Eungella area,
156 Satin Bowerbird
157 Great Bowerbird
158 White-throated Treecreeper
159 Red-browed Treecreeper
160 Black-tailed Treecreeper: [29-30/12] number of birds recorded at Mcnamara rd
[Mt Isa region]
161 Variegated Fairywren
162 Superb Fairywren
163 Red-backed Fairywren
164 White-winged Fairywren
165 Southern Emu-wren
166 Carpentarian Grasswren: [29-30/12]. 2-4 birds seen well near stone cairn
approx. 8km along Mcnamara rd [nth of Mt Isa]
167 Kalkadoon Grasswren: Our prime target species in the Mt Isa region. [29-
30/12] -2 birds recorded at Mica Creek in gully to right of first major hill
after entering
gate. These birds were initially located at lower level but were near top of
ridge on
second day. Another bird calling in the Sybella Creek [29/12].
168 Dusky Myzomela: [5/1] Conondale Nat Park –southern limit of range
169 Scarlet Myzomela
170 Eastern Spinebill
171 Brown Honeyeater
172 Crescent Honeyeater
173 New Holland Honeyeater
174 White-cheeked Honeyeater
175 Striped Honeyeater
176 Little Friarbird
177 Silver-crowned Friarbird: [30/12] Mica Creek
178 Noisy Friarbird
179 Blue-faced Honeyeater
180 Black-chinned Honeyeater: [30-31/12] ‘golden-backed’ form recorded at Mica
creek and Lake Moondara.
181 Brown-headed Honeyeater
182 White-throated Honeyeater
183 White-eared Honeyeater
184 Rufous-throated Honeyeater
185 Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater
186 Little Wattlebird
187 Red Wattlebird
188 Eungella Honeyeater: [2/1] –around 6 birds seen at two separate sites close
Dalrymple rd- Snake rd junction
189 Yellow-faced Honeyeater
190 Bell Miner
191 Noisy Miner
192 Yellow-throated Miner
193 Yellow Honeyeater
194 Singing Honeyeater
195 Grey-headed Honeyeater: [29-31/12] various sites around Mt Isa including
Mica
Creek and Mcnamara rd
196 Grey-fronted Honeyeater: [30/12] fairly common at Mcnamara rd [Mt Isa
region]
197 White-plumed Honeyeater
198 Lewin's Honeyeater
199 Eastern Bristlebird: [10/1] single bird flushed from heath, Barren Grounds
[NSW]
200 Spotted Pardalote
201 Red-browed Pardalote
202 Striated Pardalote
203 White-browed Scrubwren
204 Yellow-throated Scrubwren
205 Large-billed Scrubwren
206 Weebill
207 Brown Gerygone
208 White-throated Gerygone
209 Fairy Gerygone: [4/1] Inskip Point [Qld]
210 Brown Thornbill
211 Chestnut-rumped Thornbill
212 Buff-rumped Thornbill
213 Yellow-rumped Thornbill
214 Striated Thornbill
215 Grey-crowned Babbler
216 Australian Logrunner
217 Eastern Whipbird
218 White-breasted Woodswallow
219 Masked Woodswallow
220 White-browed Woodswallow
221 Black-faced Woodswallow
222 Dusky Woodswallow
223 Little Woodswallow: seen at various rocky outcrops in the Mt Isa region.
224 Grey Butcherbird.
225 Pied Butcherbird
226 Australian Magpie
227 Pied Currawong
228 Black-faced Cuckooshrike
229 Barred Cuckooshrike: [7/1] Mapleton National Park
230 White-bellied Cuckooshrike
231 Common Cicadabird
232 White-winged Triller
233 Varied Triller
234 Australian Golden Whistler
235 Rufous Whistler
236 Little Shrikethrush
237 Grey Shrikethrush
238 Australasian Figbird
239 Olive-backed Oriole
240 Spangled Drongo
241 Willie Wagtail
242 Grey Fantail
243 Rufous Fantail
244 Spectacled Monarch
245 Black-faced Monarch
246 White-eared Monarch: [6/1] young bird seen at Hillview crt reserve [Dayboro,
Brisbane], [7/1] adult bird, Mapleton Nat Park.
247 Magpie-lark
248 Leaden Flycatcher
249 Paperbark Flycatcher: [30/12] single bird at Lake Moondarah [Mt Isa]
250 Restless Flycatcher
251 Torresian Crow
252 Little Crow
253 Little Raven
254 Australian Raven
255 White-winged Chough
256 Apostlebird
257 Paradise Riflebird
258 Pale-yellow Robin
259 Eastern Yellow Robin
260 Hooded Robin
261 Jacky Winter
262 Rose Robin
263 Flame Robin
264 Red-capped Robin
265 Horsfield's Bush Lark
266 Welcome Swallow
267 Fairy Martin
268 Tree Martin
269 Australian Reed Warbler
270 Rufous Songlark
271 Tawny Grassbird
272 Brown Songlark
273 Zitting Cisticola: [3-4/1] number of birds recorded in saltmarsh/
grasslands at
Port Alma rd and 12 Mile creek rd [south of Rockhampton –Qld]
274 Golden-headed Cisticola
275 Little Grassbird
276 Silvereye
277 Common Myna
278 Common Starling
279 Russet-tailed Thrush
280 Bassian Thrush
281 Common Blackbird
283 Mistletoebird
283 House Sparrow
284 Eurasian Tree Sparrow
285 Red-browed Finch
286 Plum-headed Finch: [28/12] flock of around 20 birds perched on fenceline
around 6km north of Tambo [Qld]
287 Zebra Finch
288 Double-barred Finch
289 Chestnut-breasted Mannikin
290 Australian Pipit

Bernard O'Keefe

Applied Learning Coordinator
[cid:
Caroline Chisholm Catholic College
204 Churchill Avenue, Braybrook. 3019

T:  03 9296 5311 | F: 03 9296 5381
E:  <>

[cid:<http://www.cccc.vic.edu.au>
[cid:
<https://www.facebook.com/carolinechisholmcatholiccollege>
[cid: <https://twitter.com/CCCC_Braybrook>
[cid:
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/103669887623517832436/103669887623517832436/posts>
  [cid:
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2301162?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1403237262010%2Ctas%3Acaroline%2Cidx%3A2-2-7>
[cid:
[cid:

This Email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this mail.
If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the Email and all
copies. Caroline Chisholm Catholic College does not guarantee that this Email
is virus or error free.

The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user
assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by
the negligence of the sender or not.

Caroline Chisholm Catholic College is a Child Safe school.

All Third Party Contractors (service providers) and external educational
providers engaged by the College are responsible for contributing to the safety
and protection of children in the College environment.

The College has a comprehensive Child Safety Program which includes our Child
Safety Policy and its related code of conduct. Both these documents are readily
accessible on the College website: http://www.cccc.vic.edu.au/ or by contacting
the College directly. For further information related to the College Child
Safety program, please contact the College. The Deputy Principal (Strategic &
Educational Innovation) oversees the College Child Safety Program.

Caroline Chisholm Catholic College takes being eSmart seriously. We encourage
everyone to be smart, safe and responsible online.

The content and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those of Caroline
Chisholm Catholic College.