birding-aus

Chuckles and Pacific Gulls

To: "" <>
Subject: Chuckles and Pacific Gulls
From: Bob & Trish Sothman <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 08:03:28 +0000
I was in Venus Bay, South Australia a few days ago and had little trouble
locating 'Chuckles' (the Laughing Gull that has been there for several
months now).  There have been continuing reports re Chuckles on Facebook but
not much on birding-aus. However, the purpose of this posting is to ask if
anyone has an explanation as to why there are so many Pacific Gulls
currently at Venus Bay.  I counted 33 immediately West of the jetty and then
another 9 a little East of the jetty so there were at least 42 (along with
150+ Silver Gulls); further South at Port Lincoln I saw around 250 Silver
Gulls but no Pacific Gulls.  Pacific Gulls are common along the South
Australian coast but never in great numbers.

Bob Sothman

Adelaide

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list