birding-aus

Sea-Eagle at Aami Park

To: "" <>
Subject: Sea-Eagle at Aami Park
From: Michael Wood <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 18:38:22 +0000
Last Friday night, whilst watching the football match between Melbourne
City and the Western Sydney Wanderers at AAMI Park, there was a
White-bellied Sea-Eagle calling in the background, if I am not mistaken. If
correct, I assume this is to deter the many silver gulls that can often
arrive on the pitch once it begins to get dark -sometimes there are so many
it can be difficult to concentrate on the game with all the activity.

Does anyone happen to know whether this is a real bird calling or if it is
a sound recording? I know there was talk at one time of introducing a bird
to the arena to disperse the gulls.

Regards,
Michael
http://traprockbirding.blogspot.com.au/