birding-aus

RFI travel in mid NSW

To: 'Penny Brockman' <>, 'Birding-aus' <>
Subject: RFI travel in mid NSW
From: "Carl Weber " <>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 06:29:16 +0000
Hi Penny,

I was at Round Hill on 16-17 November. There was still much surface water
about following the September floods along the Lachlan, and some road
closures. The road to Round Hill from Lake Cargelligo was closed near Chat
Alley to all but 4WD vehicles. The Condobolin-Euabalong road was closed
about 50 km from Condobolin. (There was no roadside warning of this.) To
travel from Condobolin to Lake Cargelligo required a detour. It is possible
to get around Nombinnie and Round Hill, albeit there is some surface water.
I returned to Sydney via West Wyalong and Temora in good time.

About 10 sq km of paddock around Chat Alley is flooded and good for water
birds. The STW at Lake Cargelligo was once again all but devoid of birds.
Nombinnie was quiet, given that we had a wet spring, but the mallee endemics
are mostly there - no signs of red-lored whistler, however.

Carl Weber